I wanted to share this gorgeous London family portrait session with you but I didn’t want to just do that standard ‘here are some pretty photos’ blog post which I’ve done up until now!
So let me share with you 5 business hacks we can all learn from toddlers!
- Be You – Just because some tells you to smile doesn’t mean you have to. Toddlers are famous for their strong wills and this is something we can all learn from. Being uncompromising in your own principles, what you want to do and how you want to do it is so key. There is so much noise in all industries, everyone’s got an opinion. They’ll even give it to you without you asking for it! Listening to all those voices is the surest way to lose your path.
- Don’t Hide Your Emotions – Ok I’m not advocating full scale meltdowns when you don’t get your own way! But it’s also not helpful to be that meek and mild person always asking for permission. Being bold, passionate and standing in your truth is how to differentiate yourself.
- Be Curious – Toddlers drive their parents crazy asking WHY but as an entrepreneur I firmly believe it’s a quality we should all foster within ourselves. Finding out how your systems work, asking clients why they picked you or why they didn’t (hard as that may be feedback good or bad is so valuable to you!). Experimenting with new pricing structures, asking your peers how they work…ask and more often than not you shall receive…be it advice or explanation – its all crucial!
- Don’t take No for an Answer – Having a steely resolve is what will take you places. JK Rowley’s Harry Potter books were rejected by 12 major publishing houses before she found her break. Oprah was fired from her first job for being ‘unfit for television’…every No is any opportunity to grow, failure is just an experience. I recently came across this amazing podcast ‘How to Fail with Elizabeth Day’ where she interviews famous and successful people about their failures! Give it a listen!
- Play – Just because you run a business doesn’t mean it has to be all work all the time, finding a way to switch off and unwind from work and life is crucial. It’s also usually when you take a break that you get your best ideas!
This isn’t the only beautiful London Family Portrait Session I have to show you, if you want to see more head on over HERE