Wedding industry Business Mentor
2019 was a seismic year for me and my business.
It was my first year back to work as a wedding photographer after having a baby but also my first year as a wedding industry business mentor.
I procrastinated a lot.
I pondered a lot.
And here are some of the things I learnt…
- Don’t Wait Till You’re Confident to Show Up. SHOW UP until You’re confident. – Jasmine Star. This has become my mantra of 2020. Confidence is truly a state of mind. With ‘Brave’ as my word of the year, I’m throwing myself into all the things which I never did before because of the doubt which plagued me.
- You are your own harshest critic. You would never talk to your friends the way you talk to yourself. So stop it. It’s so damaging. Some days are good & some are bad but if you let them get on top of you you will lose. Its all just peaks and troughs, you learn how to managed the troughs (and I help my clients navigate this) and you learn to celebrate the wins.
- You don’t have to be the best photographer in the whole world but you do have to be the best business person. I’ve said this before but I dont believe in talent, its murky cant be measured and I can’t deal with the immeaurable. Here’s what I know to be true; showing up counts, seizing every opportunity matters & practice does make perfect.
- Being visible in your business is one of the three tenets to success in this day and age and as a wedding industry business mentor this is something I encourage and persuade my clients of. People want to see who you are & what you are like and they cannot love you and your work if they cannot see you.
- I love mentoring and coaching other wedding photographers. I never thought that coaching would be for me but I get such a deep sense of satisfaction knowing that I am impacting someone’s life or career. I know how much I benefitting from someone believing in me and I want to give that to others.
If you want to keep up with what I’m doing in the coaching world head over to my Facebook page or if you are a wedding photographer looking for guidance and community join my Facebook group That Fine Art Life!
If you think you might need some support with your business get in touch to find out how we can work together and 2020 the best year yet!